Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Books of the Years

Every year, my husband and I nominate a Book of the Year

Being the librarian of the house and therefore the bringer of all books, I normally discover these books and then say "OMG You Have Got To Read This". He then reads it and is suitably blown away and it becomes our Book of the Year. It is the book you just can't put down, the book you recommend to everyone you know, the book you buy anyone whose birthday happens to be around the time you read it - you know the kind.

Anyway, here are our Books of the Years to date:

2008: The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz
2007: The Lies of Locke Lamora by Scott Lynch
2006: The Time Travellers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
2005: Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
2004: The Witch of Cologne by Tobsha Learner
2003: Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood

Trust me, if you don't read anything else I ever recommend, READ THESE!!!

2 comments:

ElaK said...

2006 must have been a very happy year of yours :)
I love Clare, Henry and the little Alba!

Sleepydumpling said...

You know, I HATED "Never Let Me Go". I read it for book club and got to the end of it and felt like I'd had some of my life stolen from me, the time I wasted reading that book. I was actually angry after reading it. I can't remember another book I held such passionate hatred about. Well, except for maybe Lolita.

I loved The Time Traveller's Wife though. It made me cry until I vomited!